There are lots of things for the family to see and do in Bray, when staying at the Esplanade Hotel:
1) Bray Head - is a hill and headland, of 241 m, located across the road from our hotel. It forms part of the Wicklow Montains and is a popular spot to take the kids for a hillwalk.
2) A day at the Beach- Take the kids to Bray beach for a dip or day at the Amusements, only 5 mins drive away or venture 40 minutes away to 1 of Wicklows most popular beaches Brittas Bay or Silver strand.
3) Star Leisure- is an amusment arcade Filled with fun for the whole family.
4) Knocksink Woods- Part of the Wicklow Mountains, take the kids on a nature trail only 15 mins drive from the hotel.
5) Pheonix Park- is the largest enclosed urban Public Park in Europe Located 3km to the north west of Dublin city centre. It measures, with a walled circumference of 16 km that contains large areas of grassland and tree-lined avenues. The park has been home to a herd of wild Fallow deer since the seventeenth century.
6) Marley Park- The parkland comprises woodlands, ponds and walks. Also you can enjoy a nine hole par three golf course, tennis courts, BMX cycle track, fourteen football pitches, a cricket pitch, children’s playground and a miniature railway run by the Dublin Society of Model and Experimental Engineers. There is also a craft courtyard with home craft shops and coffee shops.
7) Howth- really has it all - bracing cliff walks, spectacular vistas, lots of fresh air, a busy harbour and ... seals. If you want to come eye-to-eye with marine mammals, Howth is the place to go. You can spend anything from an hour to a whole day here. There should be enough to keep you amused.
8) The National Gallery of Ireland - is not the Louvre, but when visiting Dublin art lovers should make some time available for a leisurely stroll. Situated at Merrion Square and near the National Museum in Kildare Street it is not too out of the way.
9) Greystones Playground & Beach - The South Beach in Greystones is about half a mile long. This follows on from the shingly North Beach at the harbour. The beach is easily accessible and is 2 minutes walk away from the railway station and car park. The children's playground is situated adjacent to the beach.